HW/OFF: "musicians made drug use look tempting?" ^_~ =koff=

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 22 13:00:11 EST 1999

> From:          M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
> Separately I also note that in the US, gun deaths and gun injuries are
> now at a thirty year low and very large drops in most categories of
> violent crime, as well as burglary, have been measured in 1999.

Did you know that the leading cause of death for African-American
males under age 25 is murder by gunshot?

This
> while legal gun ownership has been extended to its highest levels yet
> amongst those with no violent or mental history and while illegal gun
> ownership is facing various clampdowns as already enacted laws are put
> into effect.

Thing is, this stat. means nothing as long as huge numbers of
handguns are still being produced.  There are more guns than people
in the US!  The criminals will always find a way to obtain guns.  We
need to curtail production, but you know, in the good ole USA, you
can't infringe on anyone's right to conduct business...

> At this rate, you guys will soon be dispensing advice to the UK on how
> to tackle crime. You already have a lower burglary rate than here.

Can this be true?

theo