Coupla topics

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue May 11 09:58:02 EDT 1999

Gekke Henkie writes:

> > The other great film-to-be of Space Opera is of course Asimov's
> > "Foundation" series, so long as they don't make as bad a fist of it as
> > they did with "Nightfall".

> Foundation as a space opera in 7, 8 no 9 parts...or did I miss
> some...don't know

Well I'd stick to the Straight Hari Seldon stuff and keep the Robots out
of it. It irritated me that suddenly every Asimov book had to be tied
to the Robots. If he hadn't died they'd have started appearing in his texts
on biochemistry.

Come to think of it I'd probably skip the stuff with The Mule too...

> > I've nothing against space opera, but Star Wars is just Sinbad The
> > Sailor in Space.

> And it's great fun! Especially when you first watch Spaceballs,
> smoke a Joint and then watch Star Wars. You'll laugh your *ss *ff.

I suspect I have a different sense of humour. Now Dark Star was funny...

> --BArt

FoFP