HW: Master of the Universe [was: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Mon Mar 22 11:05:08 EST 1999

LN1GJT writes:

> >>I like the
> >>Live Chronicles version of MotU and the ISoS version about equally,
> >>though they're practically completely different tunes.  ;-)
> >
> >They're tunes? ;-)   Actually, I like the Greasy Truckers version of MotU,
> >despite the fact that it's as slow and ponderous as the Doremi version of
> >Brainstorm.
>
> IMO, bet versions in living memory of M - of - U are both rather more recent:
>
> Firstly, the version as part or the encore from the 1992 Teepee tour, with Alan
> reproducing the proper hard 'n heavy bass riff - absolute stonker; a bit of a
> shame that it was reduced to being part of a medley.........
>
> Secondly, the version that was the opening track for the mini winter 1994 tour
> (the tour where Simon House guested at Brixton) - again a really heavy
> version!!!

Well, when I was discussing versions, I was restricting myself to
album releases, so people have a point of reference.  I bet people
who have seen Hawkwind dozens of times would have a list of
favorite versions that would make my head hurt.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com