OFF: 10 Most hated

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Fri Mar 19 10:50:02 EST 1999

At 10:54 19/03/99 +0000, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> Intellectually I grasp Cobain's problem, but I'll *never*
>be able to _understand_ it.  It's just too alien.  So I resign
>myself to being annoyed at someone who is rich enough to do whatever
>they want for their whole life and their kids after, and then
>tops themself.

I used to get annoyed at rich people who whinged about how awful it was to
be rich and famous.  I don't know if so many people do that now, but it
seemed to be common a decade or two ago.  If being rich was so bad for
them, I'd have been willing to help remove the source of their pain :-(.

But Kurt Cobain wasn't in that situation.  He was severely depressed before
he became rich, and money isn't a cure for everything.  So I get more
annoyed at people who say "what a loser", than I do at him.  Anyway, he
wrote some good tunes.

Dave.

Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.