BOC:

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 10 07:31:11 EST 1999

> From:          "John A. Swartz" <jswartz at MITRE.ORG>

> > Whoo hoo! If they left off Godzilla, I'd buy it for that reason alone,
>
> I dunno - Albert had some interesting solos on some of those.  Then
> again, Albert's solos were often "visual" as well as auditory - first
> the lasers, then the Godzilla mask and strobes, then the "use anything
> in the bar as part of the drumset" approach.

But I Play the Drums probably wouldn't come off as well on a CD as it
would on a video...

> > nevermind what else was on there. I'm of the belief that that song
> > hurt the
> > band more than anything, big hit and money maker, yes but it also
> > caused
> > many people to write them off as a joke or novelty band.
>
> Maybe.  I never thought of it so much as a joke.  Actually, the recent I
> first picked up a BOC record was because they did a song called
> "Godzilla" - I was (and guess I still am) a big Godzilla fan.  The idea
> may have been a little silly, but it was a pretty cool riff.

I don't think Godzilla hurt the band one bit.  Serious fans got the
joke.  Anyone put off by Godzilla probably wasn't much of a fan
anyway.  I shudder to think what these high-brows have in their
record collections.  Bet they were Rush fans anyway...