BOC: Me and My Big Mouth!

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jan 27 10:44:46 EST 1999

Oh sure I can't make the gig this weekend and everyone is rubbing it in.
Forgive the bad tone but I'm hurtin' not being able to see them this
weekend.

To wit:

JB>I'm out here.. Not a big HW fan, I've just been lurking, waiting for some
BOC talk to chime in on. I'll be seeing the boys on Feb 29 at 4th & B in San
Diego, CA. Thats 2 days after seeing moe. at the Belly Up Tavern.. so feb
looks to be a good month music-wise.

See even lurkers got plans to see 'em.  Damn why this weekend? :-)

Bolle>And the current setlist:

"They are ding real BOC sets again with stuff like harvester Of Eyes,
Veteran
Of the Psychic Wars, and i hope they'll bring back Black Blade..."

Sounds like now's a great time to see the band!

Screw you Bolle, why tell me this now!  I hope CA falls into the Pacific!
Harvester and Veterans?  Damn!

Ok, ok I'm calmer now.  Some other stuff...

Bolle>No News.... same situation, SONY hasn't found the master reels yet and
assume Schenck will find them before they do and then we'll see what
happens.
I would expect maybe a mid summer release if they are still interested in
the
release by the time they find the Reels.... "

JS>MY CONCLUSION:  Forget it.  This KBFH project is dead.  Unless Sony
starts making a bunch of money of BOC's back catalog with all these
compilations (rumor has it another one will be out this year), then I'm
assuming they have no motivation to get off their asses and find the tapes.
BOC will
probably have a better chance of getting CMC to release a live album (which,
as was pointed out here, is not out of the realm of possibility for CMC).

Geez I'm beginning to hate anything Sony.  I'm with ya JS, forget about it.
A CMC live disc of whats happening now appeals to me more anyway.  Make that
a double disc set ala Judas Priest, please. If they record some in Syracuse
any chance Theo can get on stage ala Krieger?

Bolle>" I understand he needs time off to recover from last year and so he's
off
until March...you can call Allen's off time a Recreation Vacation  and
basically don't come back until you're fully restored. "

JS>MY CONCLUSION:  Inconclusive.  I had heard in the past that Allen has
really been having the time of his life in BOC over the past few years, so I
remain optimistic that he will return.  *Maybe* he'll use the time off to
do some writing for BOC's next album...  Still, I have an uneasy feeling
about this, not sure why...

I dunno, don't think there is much to worry about here.  Get a viral
infection a little anemic (easy to see with Alan) and it takes a while to
get over all of this.  I mean these guys are getting pretty old and its not
like they get to gigs in chartered planes.  Rememebr Eric did this a short
while ago.  Only difference was he was on-stage.  Not to be critical but his
contibutions during this time period were nil.  Now however Eric seems
re-born; here's hoping a few weeks away from the grind will help Alan.
Guess Buck is next in the rotation for a vacation.

Bolle>Kasim Sulton is the Replacement for Allen....  I believe he'll be
doing both
Guitars & Keys as well as sing back ups, he's got a great voice for that.
Hmmm, maybe they'll sound like a real pro outfit now with so many session
musicians... It's The buck & Eric show again...The Two Oyster Cult!"

JS>MY CONCLUSION:  Like Steve says, it may be a great time to see the band
(then again, when isn't it?).  Kasim Sulton was almost the bassplayer, so
I'm assuming that he's pretty talented.  There's also a connection where
one or two of the bandmembers (Buck I think - it's in the FAQ) played on
Sulton's solo album.  But, hopefully the revolving door of BOC members
isn't about to pick up again.

Ooooo another singer, wonderful.  Lets get some vocal harmonies cooking
guys.  Personally I'm a bit pissed by Bolle's characterization of 2 OC.
Excuse me but how long has Danny Miranda played bass, 3-4 years?  At least
that right?  Well I saw John Rodgers and he was good.  I can't remember the
guy between John and Danny but he was good too.  Danny however is my fave
BOC bassist short of Joe himself.  Danny play's his heart out and energizes
these guys so lets get it straight Danny is a member of the band, not just a
touring fill in.  Yeah so what they don't let him write or sing leads, big
deal, maybe they oughta.

JS>Hey Steve, see if Bolle knows anything about this possible European
remaster of Cultosaurus - it is, afterall, Bolle's favorite BOC album

Ok so Bolle 's got at least two redeeeming features, he loves CE and his
museum.  Alright already I'll lay off the B-man, he's a pretty kewl guy
anyway.

Now that I'm fully vented its time to calm myself with some soothing grooves
from King's X.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins  <----- aguywhotakeshisnamefromagreatsongbyagreatband
withanowdeceasedguitarplayerwhoappearedtobeinspiredbytheGreat Buck
Dharma,especiallywhenyoulistentothissongoffthealbumStreetsaRockOperawhich
isquitegooddontchaknow.

OB tBS cover of a Monster Magnet tune better suited for tBS anyway = Dead
Christmas