HW 97

Sun Feb 28 20:04:34 EST 1999

        Well, um, I think I probably prefer the 'Sonic Attack'/'Choose
Your Masques' mix of styles. Admittedly there probably aren't more than
four chords between the albums, but 'Live '79' and 'Xenon Codex' I find
emptier than the two eighties albums, although the songs are unarguably
better. But Harvey's synth stuff interests me, as do Moorcock's words, and
'Arrival In Utopia' and 'Fahrenheit 451' are good tracks, probably better
for me tha anything on 'Xenon Codex', although the eighties production
smothers everything so much that none of the 'Xenon' songs really reach
their full potential I think.
        I'm not really sure I can fit 'Live '79' into this comparison
though.
        My favourite three albums are probably ISoS, SR and LiS, with
'California Brainstorm' following at a distance, though, so in that
respect I'm with you. Yours,
                             Jon

--
 |              Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                 |