OFF: Salman Rushdie

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Apr 12 12:53:56 EDT 1999

At 14:30 12/04/99 +0100, you wrote:
>From: Mark Edmonds
>Date: 1999-04-12 14:30
>
>>I once read that Vaclav Havel's all-time favourite album is _Bongo
>>Fury_.  A guy like that can't be all bad... :-)
>>Cheers,
>>Paul.
>
>Didn't he also try to get FZ as something like "Cultural Ambassador for
>the Czech Republic" - can't remember the exact details but didn't FZ lose
>out on the deal because an American politician (Baker?) moved in to block
>it.
>
>Mark

That's right - I'm not sure who stiffed the arrangement, but Havel was told
in no uncertain terms that Mr. Zappa would NOT be considered a suitable
emissary and that he damn well better find someone who was!

>obCD: Got to plug this one: Jeff Beck's latest "Who Else?". Different
>feel to Guitar Workshop but still pretty damn good - just a shame we have
>to wait 10 years between albums!

This is high on my to hear/buy list, but since I've just found out that
fixing my car will cost the best part of 3000GBP (rod through the block!) I
don't think I'll be buying much for the rest of the year! :-{(>

ChrisW
P.S. Just played the cover CD from the latest "Uncut" Magazine: "City In
Flames" by Trans Am just blew me away - anybody know anything about this
band?

Free your mind & watch your ass!