BOC: Binghamton Gig!

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 28 13:58:18 EDT 1998

> From:          brian halligan <brianh at PULLEYN.COM>
>
> If you go, be aware that Strikezone is a tiny club.  You might want to get
> there early to make sure you have a parking spot.  The place was packed last
> time, although it's probably a quarter the size of It's Showtime.

Hey, i was there too.  I remember it was so crowded, and the opening
act so silly and the drink prices so steep, that I walked next door
to a cozy little Italian restaurant and staked out at the bar for a
couple beers waiting for BOC to come on.  Looks like they had some
good food there too...

The sound was also pretty muddy.

Yep, same gig I saw...

I won't be making the drive down
there this time
> because I've graduated from college, found a steady job, and lost my sense
> of adventure through the process of becoming a corporate zombie.

As I recall, it was snowing like a bastard that night.  If not for
the fact that I'd only seen BOC once in the last 5 years [and that
was in Utica a couple weeks before no less] I probably wouldn't have
gone.  I remember the 1hr 15min trip took 2 and a half hours, and
driving was for shit.  Still glad I went...

These
> things happen. ;-)

Look out, he's quoting HST!  At least it isn't PJ...

 I will, however, rock my khaki Dockers at the Rochester
> gig!
>
> Brian

See ya there!

theo