HW: Davey dates

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Sep 3 19:24:26 EDT 1998

I'll sneak this in quickly ahead of a possible deluge of
copyright/anti-copyright discussion articles:

I keep forgetting I'm on Alan Davey's mailing list and wonder why I'm
getting strange hand-written envelopes from Devon - until I open them
and find a whole load of fascinating info!    Here are the tour dates
for Alan Davey's Bedouin:

Thursday 17 September   TJ's, 14/16 Clarence Place, Newport, Gwent
Friday 18 September     The Victoria Inn, 12 Midland Place, Derby
Saturday 19 September   The Old Railway, 45 Curzon Street, Digbeth,
                        Birmingham
Wednesday 23 September  The Sky Club, 509 Alfreton Road, Nottingham
Thursday 24 September   The Boatrace, 170 East Road, Cambridge
Friday 25 September     The Axe & Cleaver, 16 West Street, Boston,
                        Lincs.
Saturday 26 September   The Cellar, Thomas Street, South Shields
Wednesday 30 September  The Pavilion, The Esplanade, Exmouth
Thursday 1st October    Riddles Music Bar, Talbot Hotel, 117 Church
                        Street, Stoke on Trent
Friday 2 October        Verdi's, 38a Maiden Street, Weymouth
Wednesday 7 October     Lady Godiva's, Jordan Well, Coventry
Thursday 8 October      Duchess of York, 71 Vicar Lane, Leeds
Friday 9 October        Fat Sams, St. Peters Way, Mansfield, Notts.
Saturday 10 October     Night & Day Cafe, 26 Oldham St. Northern
                        Quarter, Manchester
Tuesday 13* October     The Albert, 48 Trafalgar St. Brighton
Wednesday 14 October    West One Four, 3 North End Cresc., North End
                        Road, London W14
Thursday 15 October     Alexander's Jazz Theatre, Rufus Court, Chester
Wednesday 21 October    The Boardwalk, Snig Hill, Sheffield
Thursday 22 October     Yales Wine Bar, 15/17 Hill Street, Wrexham
Friday 23 October       The Leopard, 1 West Street, Doncaster
Saturday 24 October     The Harbour Hotel, Abersoch, Pwllhll, Gwynedd
Wednesday 28 October    The Adelphi, 43 Filde Street, Preston
Thursday 29 October     The Witchwood, 152 Old Street, Ashton-U-Lyme
Friday 30 October       1 in 12 Club, 21/23 Albion Street, Bradford
Saturday 31 October     Harrogate Arms, Grag Lane, Harlow Carr,
                        Harrogate
Friday 6 November       The Underground Club, The Rummer Basement, High
                        Street, St. Nicholas Market, Bristol.

* this date is typed Tuesday 23rd October but since that's impossible
and given its position in the list I'm assuming that Tuesday 13 October
is intended.

I have phone numbers for all these venues so if folk would like these as
well then let me know.

I might try for South Shields meself.  It's the closest to Scotland
and its a Saturday and there's a very nice Roman fort there I've been
wanting an opportunity to explore 8-)

Hope these are of use.   Spread the word!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk