SV: OFF: Help with Scandinavian space/psych

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Oct 1 16:12:28 EDT 1998

Hej again...

With some help from others (thanks!), I'm moving forward on this collection
of artists/locations.  I've searched for more names that would apply (?) to
my 'definition' of space/psych/electronic/ambient music.  I've also found
lots of folk, pop, prog, jazz, etc. music I haven't included.

Right now, my updated list is...

>>Akasha (????, Norway)
>>Algarnas Tradgard (Goteborg???, Sweden)
>>Burnin' Red Ivanhoe (???, Denmark)
>>Circle (Pori, Finland)
>>Coo (Pantere, Finland)
>>Crescent Venus (Ystad, Sweden)
>>Dark Sun (Helsinki, Finland)
>>darXtar (Korsberga, Sweden)
>>Day of the Phoenix (???, Denmark)
>>Holy River Family Band (???, Sweden)
>>In the Labyrinth (???, Sweden)
>>Jukon Speakers (Skelleftea, Sweden)
>>Kingston Wall (Helsinki, Finland)
>>Komeda (???(north), Sweden)
>>Landberk (Stockholm???, Sweden)
>>LethisaloFamily (Pori, Finland)
>>Lotus (???, Finland)
>>The Moor (Falkoping, Sweden)
>>Optical Blue (???, Sweden)
>>Pseudo Sun (Jarfalla, Sweden)
>>Ruphus (???, Norway)
>>Simon Says (Falkoping???, Sweden)
>>The Spacious Mind (Lovanger, Sweden)
>>Tangle Edge (???, Norway)
>>The Word of Life (???, Sweden)

Any comments on these (or other) additions/subtractions to be made??  Like
Landberk 'too prog'?

Who knows about 5:15??  Are they a prog band or do they have space/psych
tedencies??  And has anyone heard the 1970 album by 'Tree, Grass, and
Stones'?  Cranium has it on their site and it sounded interesting.

Keith H. (FAA)

ObTapReference:  I also read about a 60's Swedish group (still going?)
called the Spotnicks.  It appears that their guitarist once tuned his guitar
broadcasting unit to the same frequency as the local police channel, such
that the police all heard his guitar on their speakers.  Wonder if Chris
Guest heard this tale and pinched it for the infamous scene at the Air Force
base.