OFF: Help Cleaning Recordings

Dave Greenhalgh d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Wed Nov 11 00:46:22 EST 1998

I know there's a few recording experts on this list so if
the rest of you will bear with me while I ask a question ...

I'm trying to rescue a live recording of our band's
"farewell" gig.  The desk tape was badly recorded and there
is analogue overload distortion on the peaks.  It's not too
noticeable on the electric bits,  but really sticks out when
there's only an acoustic piano playing. (Annoying since
that's me!)

Can I rescue this,  or is it lost for ever?  I use Cubase
3.7 and/or Sound Forge,  but not very well.

Unless this is of any interest to others on the list,  if
anyone can help, then probably direct email is most
appropriate.

Thanks

Dave