HW Chris and Mary

Sun Jun 28 08:57:33 EDT 1998

On tor 25 jun 1998 22.32 -0500 "Jerome Kekatos" <hawkwind at ZEBRA.NET>
wrote:
> Last I had heard from them Chris had invested a fortune in equipment and
> was going to open a small recording studio.

     That was true as of some years ago--Chris had opened a small
recording studio and I recorded some stuff in various guises in it.
Unfortunately Chris is possibly about the most disorganized person
I've ever met--he continually showed up late to sessions or not at
all!  I don't think his studio project was doing very well, though
it should have been doing excellently if he had only been running
with some kind of professionalism.  Great guy, Chris--utterly in
space though :/

     When I'd left in '95 he had just switched to some partnership
with another studio, though had had some trouble because he never
had enough money to pay the rent on the old studio and they were
gonna impound all his stuff!  He could have easily been raking in
money hand over fist, even by charging nominal rates just to help
people out.  Ah well.

     A year or so later, I heard he was up on charges for possibly
dealing heroin.  Personally, I'm dubious since some of the evidence
I heard reported was people misunderstanding the HW news on his
answering machine as dealer's code (!) and "shabby-looking twenty-
something's" (like myself!) going up to his flat at odd hours.  He
sure as hell nevered offered or sold me any heroin!  And if he was
as broke as he seemed to be I'd would have thought he would have
tried to sell it to me if he was dealing!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson