HW: Private gig information

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 13:15:45 EDT 1998

Jon writes:

>Well, I thought the original idea of a castle was better.
>I also think the castle is a better idea as some form of camp-out/all
>nighter was what people had in mind, no?

> I still like the idea of a private
>gig in a castle. OK, Arundel's probably booked, but I'll bet there's
>similar alternates. A huge tree sounds better to me, than a hotel.
>
>A nice marquee in a field in summer, all legal and private sounds pretty
>close to perfect, to me.    Maybe I'm weird or unrealistically nostagic.
>I thought this was Dave's sort of scene too, really.
>
>Some hotel full of indifferent SF fans sounds a bit, well.....
>
>If i'm just kicking the buckets over and walking off, tell me to shut
>up, please.
>
>This August is the 10th anniversary of Bob's passing. Trevor tells me>
>the band want to mark that in some way, too....
>--
>Jon

John, NO you are NOT MOUTHING OFF at all - you are perfectly entitled to your
opinion, - and I must admit, that I do rather feel the same way too.

What is the gut feeling of everybody else - I mean I wouldn't like to sponsor a
gig for the benefit of sci-fi enthusiasts, who may not have a genuine interest
in seeing the band play - as the main reason for the event in the first place!

Sorry, I don't want to seem negative either, but this is the way I feel too.

Guy T.

PS, How about a marquee in a field on Dave B's Farm? (or Nik's place in Wales?)
- The band wouldn't have to travel much then would they! Mind you, Kris and
Dave might not like the idea - it could be a bit intrusive, on their doorstep,
so to speak!