OOF: CDs WHICH QUESTION OUR WITS

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jul 30 02:51:23 EDT 1998

Well, as anyone who ever reads some of my posts will know, I
am a HUGE country/southern rock fan.  So there's Wet Willie,
Marshall Tucker, Stillwater, Bobby Whitlock, every
permutation of Allman, Charlie Daniels and the sublime Poco
etc etc etc.
But there's a fair possibility that it's my large hiphop
collection that would jar most with this list.  Just looking
to my right I can see Funkdoobiest, Fun-da-mental, Ices Cube
& T, House of Pain, Hoodratz, Heavy D, Kool Moe Dee and King
Sun.
But maybe I'm wrong.  To my left, it's Rick James, Terence
Trent D'Arby, Freak Power, Al Green, The inspirational Isley
Brothers, The Kinsey Report and Mr Albert King.
But in a box under the stairs lies the grim eighties legacy
of being in a poodle haired rock band.  Yes, I have records
by Poison, Ratt, Motley Crue, Cold Sweat, Bang Tango and
CInderella.
Mind you, I've still got a soft spot for the Electric Boys.

Zeit
obCDS - Charlies Angels - It's Never Gonna Happen To Me

i strive to uphold my credibility but i have a soft spot for
country-rock
legends, poco.  "good feelin' to know", anyone?  they had
great harmonies and
for southern california, '70s soft-rock, they can't be
beat!  plus, they were
the first country-rock band, along with byrds mid-period,
graham parsons
stuff, and the eagles stole two poco bassists!
recommended: the very best of POCO.
cheerio!
wits a-drifting,
oe3

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827