OFF: SKYNYRD CONCERT

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jul 24 12:35:09 EDT 1998

Nick tells us a tale...

>Well, I saw Skynyrd live last night in State College, PA. Here's an
>overview:

This wasn't in Bryce Jordan, was it???  If so, was it 'fully open' (stage at
one end), or half-sized (stage in middle, half closed off)?  I couldn't
imagine that they'd draw the kind of numbers these days to even warrant them
being in such a massive bldg., esp. in such a small market.

>In all, a damn good show. Better than I expected. Worth the twenty
>bucks or so if they come to your area (although the only reason I
>went was because tix were free through my radio station).

Please tell me it's not QWK-Rock!!  :)

Keith H. (FAA, PSU '86)

P.S.  The only concert at Penn State even worth the effort of attending in
my four years there was BOC in 1983 on the TRbN tour (in old Rec Hall, aka
Wrecked Hall).  Pretty cool...Godzilla behind Rick Downey (sorry I missed
you Al), and the freaky mirror-backed guitar light trick they used to do.
Fun show and packed house (maybe 6,000).