OFF: Skynard, good memories

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jul 24 09:52:40 EDT 1998

> Skynyrd's "Lyve from Steeltown", I thought I'd mention that I'm going  to
see Skynyrd tonight in State College, PA. If anyone's interested,  I'll
give some impressions tomorrow morning.

heheheheheh Tick hat on....again!

"1977, RFK stadium, the City (Wash. DC), I remember becuase of the
clouds..."

Huge festival.

Ted Nugent (kicked booty)

REO Speedwagon (surprisingly good)

Lynard Skynard the original lineup.  Very hot, muggy day with lots of
grey clouds.  When Skynard did Freebird, the clouds broke and the sun
shone through.  Brilliant performance, I'll never forget it.

Aerosmith was the headliner.  Not bad but Tyler and Perry were real
drugged out and almost a non-factor.  Whitford played most of the leads
and was excellent.  Joey Kramer played the best farkin' drum solo I have
ever seen live.

ah the good old days...

Ghost in the Ruins

"Ya know gang when you're a superhero you never know where the day will
take you.  You may find yourself halfway around the world in shark
infested waters of true to life living or you may find yourself going
down to the store for a lozenge.  You can't know can you?  No, you got
to ride that wave, you got to suck that lozenge.  Because if you don't,
who will?  - The Tick