MotorHead & Legendary Pink Dots Reccommendations please

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jul 20 14:16:11 EDT 1998

> From:          Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
>
> When it comes to MH live...look out!  Over the seven or eight times I've
> seen them, they've gone from tolerably loud to unbelievably frightening
> loud.  Usually, the more tolerable volume shows are the ones where they
> played support, like for Slayer, Black Sabbath or Judas Priest (on that
> five-band megatour six years ago or so).  When headlining, they can be
> simply exhausting!!  Usually, they only play 75-80 minutes at most
> regardless, and that's enough!  I don't think I could take much more, and
> anyway, it's really 120 minutes worth of music, simply played at 150% of the
> normal pace, so you're not really being cheated.  :)

Only time I saw them was in that big tour:  Judas Priest headlining,
Alice Cooper, Motorhead and Metal Church [in reverse order--maybe
another group in there somewhere?]  Operation Rock and Roll an
ill-titled concert that sought to piggyback on the lamentable
popularity of the Gulf War.  Lucky for me, it was an outdoor show, so
Motorhead's sound was tamed a bit.  Lemmy is amazing--one of the
best frontmen I've ever seen.  This would have been in support   of
1916.  I've got Overnight Sensation, a CMC disc, and I'd recommend it
well...

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."