HW: Atomhenge 76 bootleg CD

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.NETSURF.DE
Mon Jul 13 15:20:20 EDT 1998

Hello folks,

received today the Atomhenge 76 bootleg CD.
I must say that I am really please with the quality and the song selection.
It is the best known recording from the Astounding Tour so far. Only SONIC
ATTAC and the encore is missing.

Highlights are:
- Chronoglide Skyway (I love this song!!)
- Wind Of Change (with wonderful guitarplaying by Dave)
- Uncle Sams On Mars (with the basic rhythm of OPA LOKA)
- Time For Sale (great Bob Calvert)
- Kerb Crawler (rough song with guitar solo by Bob Calvert)

It might be of interest that this CD is NOT a copy from the known 1976
Astounding Tour tapes which are known. They are:

- Machester, 18.09.1976
- Ipswich, 02.10.1976
- Leicester, 04.10.1976
- London, 05.10.1976

Parts of the London gig appear on one WEIRD tape

One Song on this CD makes this gig unique: The band started with the
typical guitar-riff BACK ON THE STREETS and stopped after 10 or 15 seconds.
Then they started again and played to the end.

Are there any old HAWKWIND fans out there who remember this gig ?

This CD is a MUST for all hardcore HAWKWIND fans. Unfortunately the
recording date and venue are not known

Bernhard