BOC: DFTR re-mix

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Thu Jul 9 21:02:47 EDT 1998

On  9 Jul 98 at 14:53, brian halligan wrote:

> Mike Looney said:
>
> >Who is Apollo Four Fourty?
> >
> >And when did they do the "Dance" version of DFTR?
> >
> >This showed up in my shop as a mp3 file this week and I, for one, am
> >appalled....
>
> I like it, actually.  It would be better if the vocals were a little
> smoother, but I enjoy it when bands don't cover a song exactly (or
> even close :)
>
> I don't know much about Apollo 440 except that they used the riff
> from Van Halen's version of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" in a song
> called "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub", and a famous Gene Krupa drum
> rhythm in the song "Krupa."  They also had a hit which didn't rip
> off anyone (as far as I know) called "Liquid Cool."
>
> Brian
> obCOVER> "Hassan I Sahba" The Brain Surgeons

Also a more "hardcore" era tune ie approx 1991/2 "Blackout" - and
Lolita/Destiny from 1992. Their more recent stuff sounds kinda weak
to me - they definitely have their own ideas about how to do things,
different from the mainstream. Early singles magnificent, at the time
- Liquid Cool really is excellent, as is Krupa and the aforementioned
Ain't Talkin' About Dub - Rumble is OK, but the albums are like one
of a kind i dunno naff biker techno or something.

Alasdair
--
Page me online: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1573250
Send me E-mail Express direct to my screen: 1573250 at pager.mirabilis.com