BOC: comeback

Alex S. Garcia asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX
Tue Jul 7 16:03:02 EDT 1998

Ted was saying :

>EB's voice is way better than last year, so looks like he's back.
>BD's playing the best of his career, no question.  What will
>determine whether BOC keeps the records coming is mainly how well HF
>sells.  CMC will for sure give tham another go even if HF goes
>nowhere, but I doubt they'll be too patient after that without some
>sales.

Perhaps. OTOH, look at the bands they've signed... Deep Purple, UFO, etc...
Most of them (if not all) are "old bands" which are not very likely to sell
as many copies as Madonna, Michael Jackson or whatever. So I think they may
have a fair chance of sticking around for a while, if they stay with CMC,
even if they're not selling very well... just a thought...

>Look on the bright side:  they tour nonstop, so there's always a good
>chance to see them live.  The current setlist is solid, and the
>quality of playing is great.  Even in their prime, it was pulling
>teeth to get them to record.  Creativity comes slowly to this group,.
>but when it does...

I think that's where the real problem lies. Deep Purple, for instance, keep
putting out albums every 2-3 years, but BOC... Well, I dunno. There was a
time when they'd also release an album every 2 years. But can they still do
it ? Do they still have the energy, the creativity - the motivation, even ?
I'm sure if they had enough commercial success, that would give them more
motivation.

And speaking of commercial success, I think it's a shame they don't make
music videos more often. It's a great way to promote a song and an album.
Does anyone know if they've made any videos for HF yet ? Doesn't look like
it so far... they could make something great for "Harvest Moon"...

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.pelnet.com/icarus/