OFF: UK Charts

Mon Aug 3 10:33:53 EDT 1998

On mån 3 aug 1998 13.27 +0100 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:
>>  ... that Puff guy cannot sing to save his
>> sorry ass!  I fled the theatre before I had to hear any more :)
>>

> Carl, where ya bin?  It's not singing, it's called "rap", and according to
> the Chambers Dictionary, it's "a rhythmic monologue delivered over a
musical
> background; a type of music consisting of such monologues".  Very popular
> with the young folks, I understand!

     Har har ;)  No, what I heard was neither rhythmic, nor monotone.
Would have been better if it was.  That bit during the Kashmir riff
was OK.  It was the "singing" during some following quiet section
where some no hoper, maybe not the same guy, was conveying something
about closing his eyes.
     And I though _I_ couldn't sing ...

--
Carl Edlund Anderson