OFF: Ted's Tape Questions

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Apr 28 16:35:47 EDT 1998

>tell me, would you happen to have any rare Saigon Kick in the cabinet?  How
about Atomic Opera?  Frank Marino & Mahagany Rush rarities are good
with me too, especially live stuff.

Ted>well, I never really got into any of those bands... thank god...but
it's probably just that I hadn't gotten around to them yet!  I've been
itching to find out about AO because of the King's X links, but haven't
yet.... now if you were looking for some rare Queensryche, Gary Moor or
Y&T, I might be able to help you out.... speaking of KX ...do you have
the acoustic "Shot of Love"? and have you ever gotten Naomi's Solar
Pumpkin or Endangered Species?  I also have some decent
BOC stuff, but haven't gotten the software running yet to burn a good
copy from the vinyl

OK some quick respsonses here:

Never got into Saigon Kick or Frank Marino huh?  Quality stuff but a
matter of taste.  Frank's an old school rock and roller and one of the
best guitarist on the planet.  SK their music is rock and all but the
kitchen sink thrown in.  Lots of lineup changes but the one constant was
always Jason Bieler, a genius for song writing and guitar playing.

Atomic Opera - They did one album years ago as part of the extended
King's X family.  Like the Galactic Cowboys and KX they were produced by
Sam Taylor.  So the sound from the original album contained lush layerd
vocal harmonies and progressive rock riffs (sound familiar).  That first
CD is one of the hardest buys I have experienced.  Have searched for
years without any success in getting a copy.  A friend lent me a tape of
it and I believe of the three groups KX, GC and AO their debut smoked
the others.  Yep It was much better than OOTSP.  If I can find this one
I'll be sure to share it with you, gaurantee you'll love it on first
listen.  Supposedly they have reformed and have a new album but not all
the original members are part of the current lineup.  Without Sam
Taylor's influence I have no idea how they sound now.

Rare Queensryche and Y&T appeals greatly.  Yum yum.

Accoustic Shot of Love, I think I have a demo of that on tape.
Nothing on cd.  In fact I have about 6-8 KX shows, a copy of Ride the
Wind (on tape) the only KX bootleg CD I have ever seen and a couple of
GC' bootleg tapes.

NSP - No but I have the Metal Blade release of Moonflower Lane.  Great
stuff but you expect that from Ty.  Now waiting for Doug's solo.

Endangered Speices, alas I have not yet seen this for a price I am
willing to pay.  I got Musically Incorrect as an import as is most of my
Y&T collection (imports that is).  I've probably spent more on their
cd's than any other band.  When I can get a local copy of ES I'll jump
on it.

Rare BOC on vinyl?  Do you have a rough idea of the value ($)?

Let me know if your interested in any of the KX/GC boots.  I'll give you
a listing of the shows sometime this week.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins