BOC: revamped set

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 28 15:16:04 EDT 1998

>On tis 28 apr 1998 11.37 +0000 "Horse Whisperer"
><beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>> But I don't see what's wrong
>> with either the 1st LP version or the original 4-track '71/'72
bootleg,
>> in recording terms.
>
>     The sound _is_ a bit thin.  Certainly by modern standards, but
there
>were beefier sounding recordings in 1970 too ...
>
>--
>Carl Edlund Anderson

Hmmm.  I always use Black Sabbath _Black Sabbath_ as a yard stick, and I
think the only difference would be in the style of mix rather than the
quality of sound, I mean, all the sounds are there, the clarity's
there....Yeah, so maybe the guitar gets a shade loud at the end, but
surely that's a mixing decision and Buck wanted it that way.  I know a
couple of the bass solo's I take on our last CD got cranked that little
extra nyum just to stick out like I wanted to.

I know I'm listening to a CD, but I don't think it's been remastered.

Chris.