comparisons

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Apr 28 05:54:47 EDT 1998

John wrote:

> You CAN compare anything to anything else if you really want.  My point
> was that comparing tBS with the *current* BOC is as useful and relevant
> as comparing two seperate bands such as BOC and Pink Floyd.  The idea
> that tBS and the BOC of today are more comparable because of PAST
> connections doesn't wash with me.  Those connections are now severed -
> there are no Meltzer lyrics, or Bouchard contributions on Heaven Forbid.
> And while Malpractise has some covers of BOC tunes, those are covers of
> OLD tunes, not ones recorded by the current BOC lineup.

I think this thing is getting way too over-analyzed. The way I
interpreted the original question was just basically, "Who do you
like better". Why examine whether or not this question should be
answered...or even asked in the first place? It's BEEN ASKED, and I
for one am interested in other peoples' answers. Al might be, too :)

--  Nick