BOC: SYIB details...

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Apr 27 22:43:09 EDT 1998

>The funny thing is, BOC has almost never experimented in more complex musical
>techniques like this...but, once they establish these patterns, they repeat
>them mercilessly, and (for some) ad nauseum...

As far as weird time thingies, I put in a bunch; I'm On the Lamb, Cagey
Cretin, Godzilla, Dizbusters, Astronomy, Morning Final, Joan Crawford, Blue
Oyster Cult (from Imaginos). They're in at least one song from every studio
album except Mirrors and Fire Of Unknown Origin. Admittedly they're pretty
subtle, mostly a bar or 6/8 or 7/8, and then back to yer standard 4/4 but
they're also not repeated ad infinitum either. Let's face it there'll never
be another Time Out (Dave Brubeck Quartet).