baltimore

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Sun Apr 26 22:40:35 EDT 1998

At 14:52 26/04/98 +0200, Scott Heller wrote:
>Troy writes:
>

>At 16:54 24/04/98 +0200, Scott Heller wrote:
>.....in relation to his opinion on HF....
>>
>>One thing that I have not seen anyone dare to mention is.............
>>

> WHAT!?!?!?
> C'mon man, out with it!
> What is it?  Not enough Eric?  Too short?
>
>.......... to continue my line of thought....
>

>is this better that the Brain Surgeons? Anyone care to compare? Do you
>think that Al has listened to the new BOC yet? I wonder what he thinks of
>the acoustic version of In Thee....??
>

>I did not want to open the Pandora's box, but Troy he forced me into..

  Yes, the unspoken rule of the list...it is deathly silent on this issue
isnt it?

  I wonder who will have the balls to say that the current BÖC makes the tBS
look rather pedestrian.....not me, that is for sure!

  But I do have a *theory* as to why this is.  First of all, this list is
very pro-AB.  Let's be honest.  The reasons are obvious, he is a member
here, and a very good bloke.
  We don't compare tBS with BÖC because it is a different kettle of fish.
BÖC have the name and the funds. tBS are self-employed (to coin a phrase) in
some degree, and market themselves etc.  The style of the two bands are
entirely different too.   Most people on this list seem to rue the loss of
the Bouchards even to this day.  I don't see the reasoning anymore.  It is
ancient history.  The Bouchards do their own thing now and don't need to be
compared to their old gig.  BÖC also do their own thing.
  But the real reason no one compares is they don't want flames.......we
have a sacred cow...
  So I wont bring it up!   : )

   Troy

>scott
>
>ObCD- Five Fifteen- Psychedelic singalongs for Stadiums (Finland 1997)
>
>R. Scott Heller PhD
>Hagedorn Research Institute
>Niels Steensensvej 6
>DK 2820 Gentofte Denmark