HW: essential websites

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Tue Apr 14 10:49:48 EDT 1998

> There seem to be loads of Hawkwind websites around but I tend not to
> keep a note of them except as the original email message that comes
> through to the list - and then I often accidentally delete that.
> Maybe someone should collect all the addresses as they stand at the
> moment and make that page available to each person that has a site and
> then we'd all keep up to date?   Or is that correct webiquette?   I
> hardly know these days!

Information-wise, this is an interesting idea.  I practice, everyone
has their links organized differently, with different bits of
value-added information.  For example, my Golden void site simply
lists the links without comment, while other give short commentary on
many of the sites.

I do try to keep my links page up to date.  I know I am a couple of
links behind at the moment, though.  If anyone is interested, I will
volunteer to keep a canonic list of Hawkwind sites in a format that
can be easily incorporated into people's pages.  For example, maybe
this should be a flat file with entries that contain the site name and
the URL on separate lines, with each entry separated by a blank line.
This format is easily digestible by Perl, for example.  We might also
want to consider adding reviews and comments to the list.

All you web site owners, let me know what you think.  I'll even
volunteer to distribute a Perl5 script that generates a basic HTML
page from the list, which can then be further customized.

Frank