Completely OFF: What the hell...

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Apr 8 11:22:27 EDT 1998

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Hardman DK wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, William Duffy wrote:
>
> > Subject: Completely OFF: What the hell...
> >
> > >...are Teletubbies??
> > >
> > It's a kids show aimed at an even lower age group than The Wombles (possibly
> > even lower than Bill & Ben). Its' a show mainly for very young pre-school
> > children.
> >

> No No! It's essential adult viewing!

What he said; like The Magic Roundabout, Teletubbies appears to operate
on several levels, not all of them consistent or comprehensible. :-)

I only got to see one episode when in Britain during Spring Break, but
what I saw was bizarre, baffling, and not a little surreal!  Surely the
writers are on acid?  (Let us hope, anyway.)

Btw, I hear Teletubbies are coming to PBS, which is probably why
Letterman was doing the skit.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Screaming Trees, _Anthology: SST Years 1985--1989_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix