HW: Dark Carnival (OFF)

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Mon Apr 6 12:26:44 EDT 1998

>From: eldritch <eldritch at NDIRECT.CO.UK>

>Destroy All Monsters are great.  I always wondered what the Dark
>Carnival stuff was like.  I saw both albums on green vinyl, but didn't
>have the cash to get them.

>I picked up Silver Wedding Anniversary by DAM when I was in Italy.
>Weird album....not like their old stuff..

Actually the _Silver Wedding Anniversary_ *is* like their old stuff -
Ron Asheton marks the beginning of the "new" Destroy All Monsters.
It's just that most of the old stuff was very hard to come by, although
there is now a three CD set of it that is best avoided if you didn't like
_Silver Wedding Anniversary_.  You should also avoid the video tape if you
disliked _Silver Wedding Anniversary_.  To be honest, unless you have a
high tolerance for overly pretentious home movies you should avoid the
video tape. (-8

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University