Is Guitar Rock Dead?

Bolts of Ungodly vision scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Fri Sep 12 07:19:48 EDT 1997

>Industrial Metal in the shape it has right now will probably not grow so
>much bigger, but it's not impossible that it turns to some kind of a
>techno-industrial metal hybrid later on.
>With or without solos. ;-)
Isn' David Bowie's most recent work an example of this? He's got Reeves
Gabrels (sp?) on guitar and a very very techno sounding beat....I heard
Bowie do an excellent "Scary Monsters" at 3:30 or so in morning when in
England-part of the Phoenix Festival if memory serves me correctly.
rock  still can lay waste to the ears and minds of youth today, even w/
techno in it.

broken barricade,
Jason