OFF: Wayne Kramer

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Thu Oct 9 06:31:22 EDT 1997

You'd have enjoyed it, Chris...  the other list members that I reckon would
have been really into it are Tim and Theo.  But you missed it! :)

Wayne played with bass and drums as backup - both excellent players, making a
very tight band.  The set was most of this year's _Citizen Wayne_ album, with
two or three cuts from _The Hard Stuff_ and _Dangerous Madness_.  (The only
oldie was "Kick Out the Jams", which was saved for the encore.)  He seemed in
great form and great humour.  Several of the songs served as launching pads
for some exciting free-rock, which may or may not have been improvised, and
the _CW_ material was much harder-edged than on the album.

Expect to see me with a WK mugshot on my shirt at the Empire :)

- Andy