BOC: Immaginos and his doctor sauce.

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 24 14:08:13 EST 1997

>Well....that's somewhat understandable on the part of Sandy P. But
>Albert HAS been working in his own way upon the whole saga--hence the
>inclusion of Overture and The Girl Who Made Love Blind on _BoH_ and
>_Malpractice_. Not to mention the fact that tBS have been playing 3 >of
the song from the cycle (Overture, Astronomy, I am the One you >Warned
me of).  Besides if it's random access and all that, the >easygoing rate
of attack by Albert shouldn't really affect the >overall scheme of
things for the tale.

  Yeah, I know.  I'm just becoming more and more edgy about being
slipped hints here and there from across 25 or so years and we're really
so far away from seeing any more than a hemline of the whole cloak of
stars.
  Mr Bouchard is certainly holding the flag high (one the BOC have
shunned) from tBS stuff I've heard, but as you say, it's Sandy's baby.
To quote the Spinal Tap movie..."Currently residing in the 'Where Are
they Now' file...".
  It's all a little like reading that book by Umberto Eco, "Foucault's
Pendulum".

>You're probably right regarding the existence of Immaginos >wanna-be's,
but that does not necessitate having "the necesary powers >to complete
it." The original ambiance,spirit,vision etc. of the >whole cycle-which
has at best been sketchy in its outline (See the >?FAQ for Albert's
suggested song order for the trilogy)- can never be >completely
assimilated by others or copied.

I'll agree that the original feeling and groove (in all senses) could
not be duplicated.  But look at what Albert's doing with tBS.  It's not
trying to regain past glories, it's new.

More later.
Good Health to you.
Chris.