HW: Dug smith or no dug smith? + spring tour

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Tue Nov 11 13:39:57 EST 1997

Hi

Had a great gig at Swindon last night. Really good. Any way according to
someone I met waiting to meet the band he said that someone told him DUG SMITH
HAD BEEN SCAKED!!!

Don't know if this is actually true or not but according to what he heard
Hawkwind were not happy that Dug Smith did not put space head on as the
support and so they sacked him! Any one know any more? After all they scaked
him once already. MAy be it's a scandlous rumor or may be it's ture!

Also John was speaking to the lady who runs the stalls and she said they might
be touring in Spring. When I met Richard afterwards I can't remember what he
said but he certainly didn't deny it. So for now it may be on the cards but
thats now things can change.

I asked him if they do tour again come to Oxford and his reply was, we had
some problems with that one. I wonder if that was due to promoters because it
was moved around a bit. So now having seen Hawkwind twice in my life it's time
to see them again I think. Let's hope something happens soon. After all I'm a
lot young than brock and have missed out on about 29years of them live!

Timmy Langner