Off: Veruca Salt/ Welcome Back Alex

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Nov 3 16:31:01 EST 1997

John said:
>Well, they sound NOTHING like BOC/tBS/Hawkwind, nor Y&T or Savatage...

wow, BOC and Y&T in the same sentence! now if you'd only managed to
give King's X a name check, I'd've had to credit you with supremely
good taste! as it is I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;->

>Some of their stuff is heavy and grungy, although their new album is a
>bit more pop-oriented

yeah, but how can you go wrong with lyrics like "you monkey, you left me!"

> Oh yeah, I kind of think of Veruca Salt as being sort of a grungy
>version of the Go-Go's or the Bangles.  Lately, I'm listening more and
>more to female singers than male singers it seems.

me too John....we must be getting old...speaking of which, I just
picked up a disc called "Angelica" which pairs 4 sopranos with
a couple rock guitarists on some opera tracks...who? oh, no one
real famous...just Steve Vai, Eric Johnson and Steve Stevens....
interesting.....

Ted