BOC & HW: #313 most collected artist

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 28 11:40:11 EDT 1997

Max Wilcox writes:

> John A Swartz wrote:
> >
> > Saw a recent copy of the UK magazine, *Record Collector*.  In it was a list
> > of the Top 500 Most Collected Artists (I'm not entirely sure what that
> > means).  BOC, not on the list last year, weighed in this year at # 313.
> >
> > John
>
>         Wasn't Hawkwind something like 6th, or something at one stage?

They were fairly high up last time around but had slipped down a bit
this year.  I think it's a reader's response poll so it really just
shows the eclectic interests of folk who buy Record Collector and/or
those who can be bothered to send in the voting slip nominating their
choices.     The response though was fairly large as I recall so it's
probably a fairly realistic survey of British collecting preferences.
The top 10 tend to be recent modern groups who have vanished from sight
by the time the next poll comes round.   Hawkwind, however, are in the
steadily consistent group that regularly feature in the first 20 or 30
groups listed.

jill

obcomplaint> bike repairs 8-(
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk