off: Styx tour / Theo what does it all mean?

Ted Jackson jr. EL84 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue May 13 09:52:07 EDT 1997

> From:          "BREVARD Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
>
> Theo, dude, Styx is headlining major venues this summer.  Does this
> clobber the Damn Yankees reunion?  I hope not.   DY is a fun outfit just
> hope they don't go total pop with Sammy on vox.  Wait a minute how can
> Styx go from Geezer fest support band to headlining without a new album?
>

> L8er
>
> lil' ab

AB, my last info was a Guitar World article about the Nuge that
appeared in the issue before the current one, which means it was
written several months ago.  Anyway, they said that Ted was working
on several projects, including a DY album and tour, and some work
with Sammy.  Now Sammy just released a new record, which I assume he
will be touring in support of, so I don't see Ted working with him.
Also, a recent cover story with Sammy in Maximum Guitar talked at
length about Sammy's record, but didn't mention terrible Ted, though
Ronnie Montrose and the original Montrose lineup appear on one song.
Do you think that Styx is working with someone other than Tommy Shaw?
Might work out okay, though I preferred him to JY.  Haven't heard,
but I suspect Styx must have a record in the works to headline a
tour, unless they really impressed last year.  Didn't catch that
tour, though...
theo