BOC: Track order and positioning

Torgo torgo at NORWICH.NET
Sat Mar 8 07:25:12 EST 1997

The Cider King said:

>Changing tack slightly I would agree with Vera Gemini being a top song,
>and that Debbie Denise is iffy. Don't think it's a very good way to end
>AoF. Might have been better if it had been positioned elsewhere (i.e.
>not after Tenderloin another not so good track IMO). Still enough waffle,
>and thanks to the info on Rick Downey.

Just for the record (no pun intended) let me state that you have mentioned
my all time fave BOC song and my all time least fave BOC song in the same
sentence. Although I don't *hate* it, I could never really get my teeth
into Debbie Denise. And I agree 100% about the positioning of it on the
album. I am a sucker for correct track order, and IMHO Agents is a poorly
laid out album in terms of proper track order. I obsess terribly over
things like this when I am laying out a compilation tape for myself, or
someone else. Many people tell me they can tell.

But, anyhoo, if *I* were at the helm of choosing the correct track order
for that album, you would have found something like this when you bought
the record back in 1976:

SIDE A:
This aint the summer of love
E.T.I.
Morning Final
Tattoo Vampire
Tenderloin

SIDE B:
The Revenge of Vera Gemini
True confessions
Sinful Love
Debbie Denise
Don't Fear the Reaper

Oh, and since we are on the subject, when I listen to IMAGINOS, I almost
always have the songs programmed in the CD player to play in the order they
are listed in on the inside notes, putting Magna of Illusion at the end
instead of finishing off the album with the title (weakest) track. I like
it alot better that way.

I guess I worry about things like this too much. ;^)

Torgo has left the Building...........
torgo at norwich.net