HW: Harvey Red Shift

David Jones david at MASTMOOR.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Jun 22 14:25:02 EDT 1997

>Why, oh, why did HB decide to name his release the very same thing that
>Mark Shreeve named his latest? Is this gonna create confusion? You bet it
>will. Just reading the missive below leads me to believe that confusion is
>going to be the order of the day (Shreeves' latest, which hearkens back to
>the analog-synth glories of TD's Rubycon, also has received rave reviews as
>being a masterpiece, etc. etc. The letter below makes me wonder if the review
>could be for his. Not to cast any doubts on David, but when you hear of two
>releases, with the same name and both getting excellent reviews, you gotta
>wonder).

Mark Shreeves CD is listed in the same catalogue - but not reviewed.

The Harvey review starts off with ;

"For synth fans, forget the fact that this guy used to play for Hawkwind !
Read on and find out that this is one of the most sensational synth albums
I have heard in years!!!"

There is lots more - I will post it all if you want.