OFF: Acrimony/Electric Wizard

Thu Jun 19 14:41:59 EDT 1997

On tor 19 jun 1997 13.33 "Daniel Wikdahl" <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE> wrote:
> Since May 20th my fortune has been _negative_ 550 pounds!
> ... and tomorrow I'm going to borrow another 10 pounds...

     Well, to prevent massive financial collapse I've avoided getting an
overdraft allowance at my bank and have avoided getting a credit card--I'm
afraid I would never be able to pay them off.  Therefore my balance always
stays positive (if you don't count the student loans I have in the US which
I don't have to pay back until I get my degree) though it's sometimes so
low as to be useless.  I had a couple of weeks with a balance of 17p :)

> I have never heard Electric Wizard... though I have seen at least one of
> their CDs for sale... I think they use the same cover artist as
> Cathedral... or am I mixing things up?!?

     Their first album has the same artist as Cathedral (since, surprise
surprise, Rise Above Records is owned by Cathedral vocalist Lee Dorian ;)
but the second does not.  Actually, I just listened to the second album
again, and liked it much better than I did before.  You can sort of end up
slowly swaying and head-banging in place if you aren't careful :)

Cheer,
Carl