BRAIN: San Francisco 9/29

Chris Baker Nebosuke at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 31 01:01:12 EDT 1997

(crosspost from AOL tBS folder)

tBS tore it up again last night in SF...great sound, song selection, stage
dynamics and vibe.  Nice to meet a bunch of online folks there (Armondo,
Bolle, Melne, James, Bramwell) and to have the band playing last, where they
belong...

Cities On Flame
St. Vitus Dance
Gun
Medusa
A Kiss is a Promise
Laura's Plastic Swords
Gimme Nothin'
My Civilization
Donkey Show
I Play the Drums
Dominance and Submission

Career of Evil
Overture
I Am the One You Warned Me Of
The Red and the Black

Hearing the "Overture" done live was an experience, and the band's delivery
of it was absolutely majestic.

One of the opening bands -- forgotten, but not gone -- had their stuff still
stacked up in front of the stage when tBS were ready to begin, and I thought
Billy was going to assault them.  You don't want to mess with someone who's
been putting away the Sharp's like that :-)

I can't imagine that this tour can be a money-making proposition for tBS, but
I'll bet that in terms of turning casual fans into hard-core supporters and
generating excellent word-of-mouth it'll pay off in spades.  What a band.

Hope everyone has a great time at the LA and San Diego shows.