Days of the underground

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Tue Jul 15 16:31:31 EDT 1997

>  I've wondered about the very same thing - and who was Jeff, the
> poet who wrote with a spray can on walls saying hey I believe that we've
> drowned? There's tons of odd references in that song.  Anyway, great song
> on a great album.....

Well the Jeff mentioned in DotU actually existed and was living in Portsmouth
in the 1980's.
Someone at work knew him and mentioned that he used to hang around with the
band when they first started.
I never got to met him but guy from work was ok,and didn't bullshit generally.
I always thought that "john the Bog" "who slept at the wheel" could of been
a sort of tribute to the roadie that died in a crash on way to a gig.

best regards

Marty

obTape: HW Blackheath 1997