BOC Fans have a right to be selfish.

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jan 8 18:31:00 EST 1997

AB> Real interesting observations about the stale set list and the whys.
> The tuth is in there somewhere but only the band and crew know for sure.
>  What really motivates 3OC is a mystery on the scale of Imaginos but
> think about this.  If the standard fee is still the same 8 show in 8
> days = $40,000.  There aren't a lot of people that make that kind of
> money in a year.

Theo>True, but if they keep alienating fans and fail to draw in new ones
with new material, how long can they expect to make money touring?
If, as some have suggested, old fans are disgruntled over a stale
setlist, doesn't 3OC owe it to itself to conserve as many fans as
possible?  Personally, I hadn't seen them in quite a while 'til the
28th, so I wasn't bored, but I have seen them a million times in the
past, and frankly, even though I was exstatic, I would've loved more
of the new stuff..."

No disagreement there theo.  Afterall we pay our money to attend the
shows and buy whats out there in terms of recordings.  This gives us the
right to want this stuff.  Still if I look at it from their point of
veiw, I'm sure Al would know, I bet they make more money now doing shows
than when they toured the arenas in the 70's & 80's.  Can you blame
somebody if they make more money for doing less?  I doubt that they wave
their standard fee or sign contracts that scale pays to attendance.  Its
$5k for ten pople or 200.  Guaruntee Kiss didn't earn $43.5 million
dollars for their arena tour in 1975 when I first saw them.  They did
this summer.

Now as a fan I'm a little on the opposite side of the spectrum.  I want
BOC to continue to do the club thing.  I can get real close to the
stage, I can hang out with them after the show.  Hell I can pass stuff
on stage to the guys.  Couldn't do that in the arena days and won't go
see them at some huge arena if they get big now.  No offense but I'm too
old and frail to fight the mosh pit wars.  So thats my selfish desire,
may not be in line with what the band wants or other fans but it is what
I want.

lil ab

*********
A man has got to work to eat.
And this is what I do 5 days a week.
I'm at this place from 9 to 5.
I get a salary for taking life.

They send 'em in I send 'em out.
My hammer carries a lot of clout.
Blood doesn+t bother me no more.
They put me on the kill floor.

Death has become a way of life.
I see the bills and hear my nagging wife.
I spend my day inflicting pain.
This kind  of job can drive a man insane.

Don't feel compassion anymore.
They put me on the kill floor.

There's nothing to do when I check out.
So me and my hammer go house to house.