Calvert/Moorcock demos

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Feb 18 11:21:09 EST 1997

Henrik writes:
 > I've got a question from a good friend in Finland. I sent him a tape
 > (C90) with Calvert on one side and Moorcock on the other. What he (and
 > me) want to know, is the history behind these odd tracks.

Dave Cohen answered the following:
 >>Moorcock-tracks:
 > dodgem dude/starcruiser was a single on flicknife
 > (also on New Worlds Fair cd rerelease)

 > rosenstrasse/good girl bad girl/at the time centre/another
 > quiet day at auschwitz was released as a cassette ep on
 > Cyborg 1992
"At the Time Centre" was also on the Flicknife "Best of HW, F.& R."
CD where it is listed as merely "Time Centre".

 > my new life/peter/intro mental/harlequin--??
I am aware of a Moorcock track entitled "Harlequin's Birthplace".
As I recall this title is used on one of several songs Moorcock
created for a musical work of "Glorianna".  I'm sure a more
knowledgable M.M.-afficionado could verify or provide more details.

Other songs for "Glorianna" possibly included:
  John Dee's Song
  Quire's Song
  Ingleborough, Glorianna, Montfalcon

No specific HW connection that I am aware of.

 >>Calvert-tracks: Greenfly & the rose, Lord of the hornets,
This is possibly the 7" single.  If so, it was recently re-released
as 2 bonus tracks on Cleopatra Records' "Freq" CD.

 >Revenge, Fascism-futurism,
These are the songs from Calvert's "Revenge" private-release cassette.
This also had a Pete Pavli electronic noodling on the other side of
the 20min cassette, if I remember right.  Except I believe that the
song "Facism" is actually titled "Racism"...

 >Bugatti, Isadora, Messenger&morpheus, Solstice, Stranger...,
These are new to me.  %^/

 >Steppenwolf.
I imagine that this is the Calvert/Adrian Parr demo of "Steppenwolf"?

Captain Cloud
cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com