BOC: No Big Deal, Kerrang

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Dec 23 13:09:26 EST 1997

JS>The original line-up has NOT (and as I've said, probably will never)
reformed.  I'm sure the article refers to what Eric has recently (within
the past few days) posted on AOL -- BOC presumably has a deal for the
upcoming album.  It will be handled by CMC International (the same guys
that put out the Summerdaze CD), although presumably SVP will handle
foreign sales.

I take this as writen in stone according to Sir John of Swartz.  Pretty
silly assesment anyway by the mag.  Geez who's the editor of that thing?

JS>Also, according to Eric, the album will NOT be titled,
"Ezekiel's Wheel" (which, IMHO, is a mistake - but then again, I'll
take...

Ah man that name was pretty kewl I think.  Hmm is this an opportunity to
have a "name that cd contest" on BOC-l?

Theo>As soon as I saw BOC was on Summerdaze, I suspected this would
happen.  This is the perfect label for BOC at this point.  They
supply reasonable support for their bands, and give them plenty of
leeway for creativity.  Should be a good match.

well you know more about labels than me but I think Metal Blade would be
better than CMC.  No real differences except for the MB name and logo.
Bring back the heavy rocking version of BOC on that label and well...who
knows.  Certainly MB has a group of hard ass bands that appeal to a
generation of kids who may never had heard them.  Those kids may give
them a flyer just because they are on MB and expect to hear some heavy
grooves.  CMC is good quality but they have a wide horizon.  They did
Earth Wind and Fire's latest album, took them (EWF) about three years to
get it in the stores.  Can you imagine a CMC display in Best Buy with
BOC latest sitting right next to EWF?

L8er
lil ab

OBCD- Blast from the past Helloween, Keeper of the Keys I & II

"Isn't sanity just a one trick pony anyway?  I mean all you get is one
trick, rational thinking.  But when your good and crazy the sky's the
limit."  -The Tick