Off: Rush

stalker kg at THING.DE
Wed Dec 17 18:01:58 EST 1997

alright, alright, alright...
oh my GOOOOOD, I thought I don't have to get involved in this...seems
now I have to...
plain honest: there's hardly any band I could care less about than Rush.
I don't think they suck. I don't like them very much. I don't know ANY
of their latest records. I almost never listen to them these days,
though I still have one or two albums of them from OOOOOOOLD
days....'nuff Xcuses?????
(but hey, chris, they CERTAINLY suck MUCH less than Queen or Quo,
RIGHT?????????????)

BUT!!!! - now listen CHRISTIAN: Victor is indeed something very
different from Rush.
Now....I know that poor Kenneth is a what you might call die-hard Rush
fan beyond the point of absolutely no hope or return - but when he sent
me a copy of Victor's album I just couldn't believe that ANYONE of Rush
could be involved in this. Not that all the tracks are
super-duper-killer-songs - but the title track itself justifies the
effort alone. Really strange, weird, moody, tense - you name it.

anyway - after all, I am VERY glad that The Moor DON'T sound like Rush
at all - at least not to me.
that's far more important to me.
over to the bashing debate.....
k.

ps: why don't all of you just save all your christmas money and hop over
to the MOOR's / Nik Turner / k.g. tour??? - now THAT could result in a
truly interesting bashing - re-bashing thread!!!

and by the way: the most fantastic group on EARTH remains - of course:
COIL. (no, not HW, no, not Calvert.)
and that's all I have to say on the subject!