HW: metal Warrior shield and others

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Fri Dec 5 10:39:28 EST 1997

I just picked up my little Christmas present to myself yesterday: an
assortment of Hawkwind goodies.  First, I was able to pick up the
Griffin CDs I ordered.  The metal Warrior shield is die-cast metal,
about 7x9x1.25 (inches), and weighs about 3 pounds.  Now I just have
to figure out some way to assure that it never rusts.  I'm leary of
spraying it with a lacquer because I am afraid it will eventually
discolor.  I suppose I could cover it with a thin coat of oil, but
that makes it a little more messy to display.  Any suggestions?

I also got the Griffin Friends & Relations Best of and Rarities CDs.

While I was at the shop picking up the order (its a long story as to
why I picked them up instead of getting them mailed), I had a chance
to browse through the warehouse of Alien Distribution.  I found (and
bought) "1999 Party", "Distant Horizons", and Brock's "Strange Trips
and Pipe Dreams".  I also picked up Ritchie Blackmore's "Blackmore's
Night - Shadow of the Moon".

I'm listening to DH now, and I haven't had a chance to listen to the
rest yet.  It's going to be a good day!

Alien Distribution is a pretty cool setup.  They specialize in imports
and limited-distribution releases.  They have a shop in Lombard, IL,
but they sell very little directly to the public.  The owner, Marietta
Baglieri, was extremely nice and said she would be willing to do
direct mail order to boc-l members.  The only catch is that there
would need to be a minimum order of $50 or else the postage costs
aren't worth it.

If anyone wants to contact them (for example, they had some Gong CDs
and some Pink Floyd limited-edition wooden box releases), call
Marietta at (630) 953-8310 or fax: (630) 953-8396.  Tell her that you
heard about them through me.  I doubt that that will get you any
better prices, but at least it will get your foot in the door.

Frank

ObCD: Hawkind - Distant Horizons
ObNextUp: Hawkind - 1999 Party

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned
my contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for
him the spinal cord would fully suffice.         -- Albert Einstein