Off: Music help

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Dec 3 11:08:01 EST 1997

At 03:27 PM 12/3/97 +0000, Carl wrote:
>On ons 3 dec 1997 16.02 +0100 "Daniel Wikdahl" <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE> wrote:
>
>> No, but I think it's even more silly to wear a swastika if you're not
>> a nazi.
>
>     Well, unless you are a Hindu, Navaho, etc.

Yeah, or if you're a Viking. :-)
(Sadly enough, the Skinheads in Scandinavia have adopted Viking symbolism,
mythology etc... so they can always claim they're wearing Swastikas 'cos
their are proud of the Scandinavian history, not because they're nazis.)

> One of the peoples in the
>world for whom it remains a religious good-luck symbol.  Up until it was
>adopted by the Nazis, the swastika was one of the most widely used
>good-luck symbols in the world.
>
>     It actually remains in use in Euro-American contexts in forms
>sufficiently different from the common Nazi one that no one notices.  The
>"Pennsylvania Dutch" hex signs often use "swirly" versions of the
>swastika, and the three-armed "triskele" is effectively the same symbol.

... on the other hand I the "triskele" also is used by modern nazigroups
in Sweden.
Hell, they're using almost every Scandinavian historical/mythological symbol I
can think of... even the Swedish flag has become a "property" of rascists and
Nazis!!!
                                mvh - Daniel Wikdahl

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR