HW/OFF: new Delerium items

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Aug 19 20:27:32 EDT 1997

       Just got in my new Delerium update catalog (check the web site for
       a downloadable copy) and see some tasty morsels:

       - New book called "Adrift in the Ether" is supposed to be a
       "Complete Guide to British Psychedelic Music in the 1990's".  Sure
       sounds great to me!  Advertised as containing complete biographies
       and discographies for over 200 bands.  Price is listed at L19.50
       plus postage.

       The bands covered here include:  HAWKWIND, Spiral Realms, Magic
       Muscle, Astralasia, Porcupine Tree, Sundial, Eat Static, Gong,
       Ozrics, Bevis, Dead Flowers, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

       Has anybody seen this critter?  I want one! (if it is worthwhile)

       - Crohinga Well #13 is out, with yet more HAWKWIND!  I'd a thought
       they'd run out of things to say after the last 12 issues...

       - Also advertised is a Texas comp called "Acid Ranch 2000" that
       contains a song called "Sonic Attack" by 1001 Theramins.  Maybe
       this belongs on the next HW Cover Tapes project?  :-)

       - They list Harvey's "Red Shift" as available on their web site.

       - Omnia Opera "Red Shift" is finally out.

       - They also list a Fu Manchu 10" 4-track on green vinyl that I
       haven't seen before.  Anybody know if this incarnation includes the
       former Kyuss guys that I heard rumoured were now in Fu Manchu?

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com