BOC: while we're talking about CE...

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Sat Apr 19 09:17:01 EDT 1997

> CC was in part because King wanted Reaper for "The Stand", and they
> couldn't use the originals.  So they redid them on a new album with other
> old stuff redone also.  But they were probably trying to get Reaper (and
> Zilla, which was also used) as close as possible so people would think
> it was the original version which King wanted.  The other songs, not
> being used on The Stand, were not under any such requirements...

i didn't think the reaper (stand) version was all that similar to the
original...
i remember listening VERY closely, trying to determine if it was boc or a
cover.
it was only the guitar style that gave me the right answer, thinking: they
can copy the
song but not the style.

also, where was godzilla used in the stand?  i have it on tape and have
watched the whole thing
four times (i really like it) but haven't noticed zilla in there....

rj